Victoria.
Telegraph Offices on the Cowes Branch.


In 1876, a line was extended south-east from Dandenong to Cranbourne

Cowes.

The Telegraph Office opened on 18 December 1884. The Post Office had opened on 1 August 1869.

 

Clyde.

The Telegraph Office opened

Clyde is immediately south east of Cranbourne.

- just with T.O. almost all removed.

Diameter: 28 mm.
5 mm side arcs
Used between 6 November 1915 and 1959.
Rating: Common.

The Office was issued with a T.O. date stamp.

  1. It has not however been seen complete.
 
  1. With T.O. removed:

Used: 29 June 1923.

Size:

Rated:

Number in the Census: 1.

Clyde 1923
29 June 1923.
Used on 1d Postage Due.

Cranbourne.

The Telegraph Office opened in February 1877. The Post Office had opened on 1 August 1857.

 

 

The Office was issued with a TELEGRAPH date stamp (RO2 - T) used in the 1980s.

Size: 33.5 × 53 mm (e = 0.77).

Used: 21 September 1988.
Only recorded date so probably last day of service.

Rated RRR.

Cranbourne
21 September 1988.

Grantville.

The Telegraph Office opened on
The Post Office had opened on 1 July 1875.

 

Lang Lang.

The Telegraph Office opened at Lang Lang, near Poowong, South Gippsland on 12 July 1888. The Post Office had been opened in May 1878.

A "huge fire (in January 1926) waged along the railway between Nyora and Lang Lang, the telegraph poles and lines being down".

Milndale.

Milndale is about 10 km north west of Wonthaggi and just past Dalyston.

The Post Office was opened on 1 July 1927 and at some stage - maybe from its opening - had telegraph duties also.

On 1 August 1947, the Post Office was changed to a Telegraph Office until it was closed on 31 May 1951.

The Office was issued with a T. O. date stamp:

Used: 27 December 1929 to 14 October 1937.

Diameter: 29 mm.

Rated: RRRR.

Number in the Census: 3.

Milndale 1929
27 December 1929 (ERD).

Prestige Philately August 2005 Lot 502.

Milndale 1933
20 April 1933.

Prestige Philately March 2013.

  Milndale ½d pair
14 October 1937.

Queensferry.

The Telegraph Office opened in association with the Post Office.

 

San Remo.

The Telegraph Office opened on

 

Tooradin.

The Telegraph Office opened on